- RK ENERGY UK LTD (the “Company,” “Us,” “We”) with registration number 12359065 is committed to promoting customer satisfaction by encouraging feedback, including complaints. We recognize that sometimes things can go wrong and aim to resolve any issues you (“complainants,” “You,” “Customer,” “Client”) may have as quickly as possible, in a fair and simple way.
- This complaint handling policy (hereinafter “the Policy”) sets out how RK ENERGY UK LTDdeals with complaints in an efficient and transparent manner and provides a systematic approach to reviewing complaints to identify and resolve issues before they become recurring.
- Below you’ll find all the information you need about making a complaint, including how to contact us and what we promise to do next.
This Policy serves to provide a clear framework for handling complaints through effective and efficient procedures. RK ENERGY UK LTD analyses customer complaints, considering their needs and concerns, and hope this procedure will ensure complaints are handled in the most efficient way and to help us deliver consistency in the service we provide.
1.3 Principals of effective complaint handling
1.3.1 Visibility and transparency
The Complaint Handling Policy is available on the RK ENERGY UK LTD website:
1.3.2 Making a Complaint
- We aim to resolve the majority of issues during the initial contact with our Customer Services team or through our agent (Sales agent) or sub-brokers.
- If you’re unhappy with the service you’ve received from one of our employees or one of our suppliers or one of our sub-brokers let us know. We will continue to investigate the complaint until we are able to send you our final decision Letter.
- In the first instance, all Complaints should be directed to the address shown below for the attention of the Director.
- You can reach the safe hands of our team by:
- Sending an e-mail to: [email protected]
- Call: 020 8004 0914. The line is open between 10.00 am & 6.00 pm Monday to Friday except on bank holidays.
- In writing addressed to RK ENERGY UK LTD:
181 Maplestead Road, Dagenham, RM9 4XU
1.3.3 No charges
Filing complaints with RK ENERGY UK LTD and the internal handling of complaints are free of charge.
1.3.4 Ensuring no detriment to the complainant
We take all measures to ensure that complainants are not adversely affected due to the fact of filing a complaint.
1.3.5 Objectivity and equity
Each complaint is managed in a fair, objective, and unbiased manner by RK ENERGY UK LTD.
1.3.6 Confidentiality and disclosure
RK ENERGY UK LTD ensures that the processing of personal data complies with the applicable rules on personal data protection.
- All complaints will be treated in an efficient manner. RK ENERGY UK LTD endeavors to resolve complaints within one month after receiving them.
- If we assess the processing of the complaint will takes longer, or there are delays in processing the complaint we will inform the complainant of the reason for the delay and the likely time for resolution.
This Policy will be reviewed periodically and improved as appropriate.
1.4 How long before your complaint is resolved?
- If you make an oral complaint, our written acknowledgment will set out our understanding of your complaint.
- If your complaint is made by email or post, we will be in touch within 3-4 working days to confirm it’s been received and that we’re working on it.
- We’ll keep you updated on the progress of your complaint at least every two to three working days.
- We aim to resolve any complaint within two to four-week working days.
- If the problem isn’t resolved within our time scale, as we are signed up to the TPI Code of Practice, we will (with your consent) escalate the complaint to the independent Code Manager. He/she’ll send an initial written response within seven working days. He will let you know what will happen next and when he’ll be in touch regarding any next steps or actions.
- If your complaint is upheld, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible.
- If your complaint is about a supplier or you are unhappy with the response that you receive, you may reach Ombudsman Services at Energy Ombudsman on 03304401624 or visit www.ombudsman-services.org
- Ombudsman services are impartial and free to use.
2 DEFINITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A complaint is any kind of expressed discontent, raised in connection with a specified business matter. The complaint should be in writing.
Any client or partner of RK ENERGY UK LTD can be a complainant.
Within the RK ENERGY UK LTD, the Risk and Compliance Manager (RCM) is:
- Appointed as Complaints Handling Officer
- Responsible for managing and handling all complaints sent to RK ENERGY UK LTD and
- Responsible for the implementation of the Policy.
All employees are required to refer, any complaints received, to the RCM immediately (in writing).
3.1 Complaint Handling Procedure
RK ENERGY UK LTD will confirm receipt of the complaint by email. It is expected this will be done within two working days (unless there are exceptional circumstances).
All complaints are managed centrally through RCM and fully recorded.
- Complaints will be handled independently of the business unit which is the subject of the complaint.
- The information provided by the complainant will be used to investigate and assess the complaint.
- As a minimum, the following information is required to be provided by the complainant:
- Complainant’s name and contact details
- If acting on behalf of another party, the Complainant’s role and authority to act on their behalf
- Details and reason for the complaint
- Copies of any documentation supporting the complaint
- Following an initial assessment of the complaint, a request for further information will be sent to the complainant if required.
- RK ENERGY UK LTD will assess in a fair and consistent manner:
- The subject matter of the complaint
- What remedial action may be appropriate
- Whether any other party may be solely or jointly responsible for the subject matter
3.1.3 Third Party Involvement
If RK ENERGY UK LTD has reasonable grounds to assume that another party may be solely or jointly responsible for the matter, it will forward the complaint to the party. Subsequently, the complainant will be informed of the referral.
3.1.4 Closing of Complaint
- RK ENERGY UK LTD will endeavor to resolve the complaint within a period of one month, of receiving full details of the complaint. The complainant will be informed If the complaint cannot be resolved within this period.
- In other cases, the complainant will receive a written statement from RK ENERGY UK LTDfor the closing of the complaint assessment process.
3.1.5 External Complaint Resolution
If a complainant is not satisfied with the handling of the complaint or the outcome, the complainant has the right to escalate the complaint to an external dispute resolution body or the appropriate supervisory authority.
3.2 Documentation and Records
- Details of the process include:
- Date of the complaint
- Complainant’s name and contact details
- Status of the complaint
- Summary of the corrective measures
- Complaint closing statement
- Possible process improvements for future complaint handling will be recorded.
- RK ENERGY UK LTD will keep a record of each complaint for seven years.